Dimitri J. Ververelli, Inc. is looking for a full-time MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing Engineering) Design Engineer to start immediately.
DIMITRI J. VERVERELLI, INC.
For over 50 years, Dimitri J. Ververelli, Inc., (DJVI) has been providing Professional Consulting Services in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering to the Greater Philadelphia region. DJVI is distinguished for its consistent high quality, innovative engineering as well as detail-oriented documentation, commitment to its clients, and the ability to meet tight schedules. The firm provides seamless integration of engineering elements for commercial, industrial, and institutional clientele for new construction, alterations and renovations.
This person will be working directly with engineers and project managers who need assistance with the following: laying out MEP systems, documenting new and existing conditions in AutoCAD (and REVIT) and drawing coordination conditions in AutoCAD (and REVIT). This person will be assist in creating and modifying AutoCAD (and REVIT) standards for our firm.
- Performing field surveys
- HVAC and plumbing engineering load calculations
- Sizing pipe and duct distribution systems, equipment layouts
- CAD drafting, electronic drawing preparation
- Specification review and preparation
- Submittal and shop drawing reviews
- Responses to RFI’s and punch list development for small and medium size projects.
- Conduct facility assessments, code studies for compliance and energy studies.
- Knowledgeable in Mechanical systems including chilled water plants, steam and hot water boiler plants, custom and semi-custom air handling unit design, direct expansion (DX) system design, pumps, duct and air distribution systems, piping systems, and DDC control systems.
- Ability to prioritize with respect to projects, CAD standards, etc. on a daily basis
- Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities when presented
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD (REVIT a plus), computerized HVAC load calculation software.
- Experience/working knowledge of Energy Modeling programs such as eQUEST, Trane Trace, ENERGY STAR and/or Carrier HAP not required but a plus.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience and must submit a cover letter along with their resume to email@example.com